GF series cross-flow cooling fan for dry type transformer (hereinafter referred to as dry type transformer purposed cooling fan) is mainly used to increase cooling capacity of dry type transformer, and cool down temperature of electronic equipment, electric power distribution cabinet, HV/LV switch cabinet and so on. It is able to improve the output power of dry type transformer by 40-50% by using this series of cooling fans, sharply improves dry type transformer’s carrying capacity and prolong its service life. As one of the most economical and effective modes, the products are widely used by factories at home and abroad.
Working principle of Dry Cooling Fan
When the GF series cooling fans are applied to dry type transformer, the fans should be set at two sides of transformer coil at the lower part, they blow the cool wind into the HV/LV cooling channels of transformer coil directly, the heat dissipation efficiency is very obvious, they guarantee normal running of transformer and prolong its service life. (Functions like ON/OFF of fan, over-temperature alarm and over-temperature tripping of transformer, etc, can be provided by temperature control device).
Applying ambient conditions of Dry Cooling Fan
1. Normal operating conditions
a. Indoor use b.Ambient temperature: -5~+40℃ c. Relative humidity: ≤95%(25℃) d. Altitude above sea level: no more than 1000m.
2. The industrial gas passes through the cooling fan should not contain strong acid, strong alkali or other corrosive solutions.
3. Protect from impurities like sand or dust dropping in the fan, otherwise, the fan may be burnt, or fan blade may be broken.
Installation and maintenance of Dry Cooling Fan
1. Before installation, please check whether the fan is damages or deformed due to packing or transportation, if any damage or deformation, the fan should not be installed or used until it is repaired.
2. Check whether the parts and screws are loosened, whether there is touching or displacement between the blade and air duct; if yes, they should be well regulated prior to installation.
3. After installation, please carry out trial run to the cooling fan, wait until it runs normally, then it can be online used.
4. If the fan has been left unused for a long time, please carry out trial run to it before reusing, only when it is able to run normally that it can be online used.
5. After installation, please seal the junction box, preventing from burnt of motor caused by short circuit due to leakage of junction box.
Conveying and storage of Dry Cooling Fan
1. During conveying, please handle with care. Carry and place it according to the mark and requirements on the package, keep top side up, don’t set in the vertical position.
2. During conveying, the fan should be protected from severe impact or serious shock, otherwise, the packing case and product may be damaged.
3. The fan should be stored in ventilated and dry place where has no corrosive gas, and should be protected from the rain or insolation.